The Important Cultural Property Robe (Kosode) with Autumn Flowers (commonly known as Korin Kimono) features an autumn flowers design by Ogata Korin. It has suffered considerable damage over its 300-year history and is now in need of restoration.
The Korin Kimono Restoration Project aims to mobilize everyone’s support to ensure this captivating, beautiful cultural property can be passed down to future generations.
Please donate if you support this goal. Donations begin at 1,000 yen.
How to donate
Payments can be made by credit card on Donation Portal Site.
*We accept the following cards
* Notes regarding credit card payments
①Credit cards can only be used by the person who owns the card.
②Payments in multiple installments are not possible.
③As a general rule, changes cannot be made and funds cannot by returned after a payment is made.
④The payment will be taken from the designated account on the date determined by your credit card company. Please consult the statement issued by your credit card company for details.
⑤ Please contact your credit card company if an error occurs after payment is made.
Benefits (Limited to addresses within Japan)
The names of all Korin Kimono Restoration Project donors will be listed on our website (unless they wish to remain anonymous).
Donors who donate over 10,000 yen will also receive other benefits, as shown below.
|Amount of Donation||Thank-you Gift|
|¥150,000 or more||
|From ¥30,000 to ¥149,000||
|From ¥10,000 to ¥29,000||
* Limited to addresses within Japan.
* To be delivered by post (with postage costs covered by the CPCP).
* Furoshiki will be dispatched when ready, probably around 60 days after the payment is confirmed.
* The lacquered goods set (chopstick and chopstick holder with an original Korin Kimono design supervised by Living National Treasure Murose Kazumi) will be dispatched around springtime 2021. Applicants will be sent an exchange ticket upon confirmation of the donation.
* A book containing the donor’s name will also be stored in perpetuity with the work, with the donor also receiving two invitations to a specially-planned unveiling ceremony to be held after the restoration work is completed.
* The aforementioned tickets and goods cannot be resold, used for sales promotion without the CPCP’s permission, or used in other ways that are deemed similar to the above. The application will be invalidated and the donation will be returned if one of the aforementioned actions is found to have occurred.
* The benefit packages above may be subject to change if we run out of limited-edition gifts, for example. Thank you for your understanding.
About the Thank-you Gift
Kazumi Murose (Living National Treasure (maki-e))
Sugishita Eizi (dyer; Sugishita Ltd)
Kōrin also worked with maki-e, so it was a joy to work on this project while imagining how the autumn flowers design would appear in maki-e.
It would give me great pleasure if people transferred this original Kōrin design onto their mobile phones, hand mirrors or other treasured items.
Watanabe Yukiko (G&S Co., Ltd.)