- 1. General Policy
- Use of personal information collected through the CPCP’s web site (the “Web Site”) is limited to activities necessary to smoothly provide the CPCP’s services, including offering information, processing event participation, and receiving comments via the Suggestion Box. The CPCP is committed to responsible management of personal information and use of personal information is limited to the scope indicated in Clause 4, “Purpose of Use.”
- 2. Legal Compliance
- The CPCP manages personal information in accordance with the Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Independent Administrative Agencies, Etc. (Act No. 59 of 2003), the Order for Enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Independent Administrative Agencies, Etc. (Cabinet Order No. 549 of 2003), the Rules for the Management of Personal Information Held by National Institutes for Cultural Heritage, and the Detailed Regulations for the Handling of Personal Information Held by National Institutes for Cultural Heritage.
- 3. Scope of Information Collected
The CPCP does not collect names, birthdates, or other information that can be used to identify an individual, excluding the following:
- （1） The Web Site automatically collects users’ Internet domain names, IP addresses, and other information pertaining to visiting the Web Site. The CPCP does not link this information to data that can identify individual users. However, the CPCP may take such measures when required by law, or to protect the rights of other visitors.
- （2）Users will be asked to enter their name to submit comments via the Suggestion Box.
- （3）Users will be asked to enter their name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address to apply for participation in lectures, workshops, and other events posted on the Web Site.
- （4）Users will be asked to enter their name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address to apply for prizes or gifts offered through the Web Site.
- （5）Users will be asked to enter their name, address, and telephone number when applying to make donations.
- 4. Purpose of Use
Use of information collected as indicated in each Clause above is limited to the following provisions.
- Clause 3(1): This information is used to improve the content and services on the Web Site, such as for creating user-access statistics.
- Clause 3(2): Comments submitted through the Suggestion Box will be used to improve the CPCP’s and the Web Site’s services. Depending on context, comments may be forwarded to the relevant division of the CPCP or the National Institutes for Cultural Heritage. The commenter’s name and e-mail address may be used to answer their inquiry.
- Clause 3(3): This information will be used for event management purposes.
- Clause 3(4): This information will be used to send prizes or gifts offered through relevant programs.
- Clause 3(5): This information will be used to send special gifts and announcements to donors.
- 5. Use of Google Analytics
- 6. Restrictions on Use and Disclosure
The CPCP does not use personal information for purposes other than those specified in Clause 4, “Purpose of Use.” The CPCP does not disclose personal information obtained through the Web Site to third parties, excluding those specified in Clause 8, “Third-party Vendors.” Notwithstanding the above provisions, the CPCP may disclose personal information in the following cases:
The CPCP may publish user-access statistics, but individual users will not be identifiable. The CPCP may also use the context of an inquiry submitted through the Suggestion Box to add to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- (i) when legally required to do so;
- (ii) when there has been unauthorized access to the Web Site;
- (iii) when there has been an unlawful act or threat of such an act; and/or,
- (iv) in exceptional cases, when such action is deemed necessary.
- 7. Information Security Measures
- The CPCP will take all measures necessary to prevent accidental disclosure, loss, or other unauthorized use of personal information. The CPCP is committed to responsible management of personal information.
- 8. Third-party Vendors
- To enhance operation of the Web Site, the CPCP may outsource the handling of personal information to third-party vendors. When outsourcing, the CPCP will select a reputable third-party vendor with sufficient experience and competence in managing personal information. The CPCP will take all measures necessary to ensure that third-party vendors appropriately manage personal information, including, but not limited to, specifying additional privacy provisions and/or including a nondisclosure clause in the service contract.
- 9. Scope of Application
- 10. Other Provisions