|Period||July 24, 2018 (Tue) - September 9, 2018 (Sun)|
|Place||Tokyo National Museum Room T4 & T5, Honkan|
|Hours||9:30 - 17:00, Fridays and Saturdays until 21:00, Sundays until 18:00 (Last entry 30 minutes before closing)|
|Closed||Mondays (Except for August 13)|
|Admission||Adults: 620 (520) yen, University students: 410 (310) yen
* Prices shown in ( ) indicate advance and group (more than 20 persons) discount tickets.
* Persons with disabilities are admitted free with one accompanying person each.
* High/Junior High/Elementary School Students and persons under 18 and over 70: Free
* Adults accompanying children of high-school age and under receive a 100-yen discount on Regular Exhibition admissions. (Valid for up to two adults with each child.)
|Access||10 minutes' walk from JR Ueno Station (Park exit) and Uguisudani Station 15 minutes' walk from Keisei Ueno Station, Tokyo Metro Ueno Station and Tokyo Metro Nezu Station|
|Organizers||Tokyo National Museum, National Center for the Promotion of Cultural Properties, NHK|
|With the Assistance of||Toshiba International Foundation|
|Contents Production||PROTOTYPE INC., TNYU Inc., TOPPAN PRINTING CO., LTD.|
Tokyo National Museum will hold the family-oriented program, TNM and Art Tunes! Present: Becoming Japanese Art, to coincide with summer vacation.
This exhibit is like a museum where you can become part of the art! This is a special art museum for people who have fallen in love with art by watching the NHK show Art Tunes! and also for those who want to enjoy art even more. It’s open this summer at the Tokyo National Museum (TNM).
TNM is the oldest and largest museum in Japan. Its collection includes art works that have inspired songs and animations on Art Tunes!
The key to enjoying your time here is, of course, “becoming the art.” By imagining you’re the character in an art work, or the artist who created it, you can make art even more fun. Here, through reproductions and videos, you can “become” five art works that have been featured on Art Tunes!
After having fun with the art, why not go check out the actual works? This is a rare chance to encounter some of the works featured on Art Tunes!
Art Tunes! What is it?
Art Tunes! is a show on NHK Educational TV that introduces art from around the world in an easy-to-understand way through original songs and animations.
- Art Tunes!
- The music, lyrics, and animation are all created by the artist Inoue Ryo. Vivid images, warm, funny lyrics, and catchy melodies came at you one after another. Inoue’s unique interpretations of art will capture your heart. From kids to adults, the show is sure to make anyone who watches want to check out the featured works.
Make friends with art through this new program, airing weekly on Wednesdays at 7:50 PM.
Highlights of the Exhibition
The wave looms even taller than Mount Fuji. Imagine that you’re in the picture, rowing out to sea, and experience the power of the wave.
Big Wave Lover (c)NHK・Inoue Ryo 2018
Venue image: Experience the Whoosh and Crash of Hokusai!
Is she looking back because someone called out to her?
Or is it because of something she passed by?
Imagine the people around her, or come up with a backstory and imitate her pose!
Lady Drill (c)NHK・Inoue Ryo 2018
Venue image: A Beauty, Whether or Not She’s Looking Back
This young girl, Reiko, has a mysterious and unforgettable expression. What could she be thinking about? Use your imagination to get inside her head.
Reiko, the Dream Perfumer (c)NHK・Inoue Ryo 2018
Venue image: Reiko, the Performer of Faces